Scholarship Program-Admission Requirements for External Scholarships for Students from outside the Kingdom
- Admission requirements which are applied to Saudi students in tertiary educational institutions are the same as the requirements applied to external Scholarship students.
- The candidate’s age has to range between 17 and 25 for the tertiary stage and Arabic Language Institute for Speakers of Other Languages.
- The candidate should not have received a scholarship from any of educational institutions in the Kingdom.
- All certificates and documents must be attested by the concerned authorities in the candidate’s country.
- The candidate has to submit a no criminal record certificate issued by the security apparatus in his country.
- The candidate must not have been dismissed by any educational institution in the Kingdom.
- The female candidate has to be accompanied by a male guardian (mahram) who, according to the regulations, must have received a scholarship, have a residence permit (iqama) or be employed by a Saudi employer in need of his services.
- The candidate has to pass the medical examination determined by the rules and regulations.
- The candidate is to be requested by the institution to provide recommendation letters issued by any of the bodies or individuals determined by the institution.
- The candidate has to obtain his government’s approval to receive a scholarship in the Kingdom; this applies to the countries which require the Saudi students to provide the same approval.
Submitting Applications for Scholarships
Applications for Scholarships are to be submitted to any of the following:
- Saudi Embassies and their Cultural Attaché’s Offices.
- Higher education institutions in the Kingdom.
The student has to leave the Kingdom upon completion of his study no later than three months after completing his study. In case the regular program period comes to an end, it cannot be extended for longer than half of that period.