1- What are the current programs offered by the Arabic Language Institute for Speakers of Other Languages at female section?
The Arabic Language Institute for Speakers of Other Languages- female section- currently offers the following two programs:
- Short Courses Program:
This program is open to adult learners of different ages and educational backgrounds. It consists of 8 levels; in addition to a preliminary basic level for learners with no background of the Arabic alphabet. Each level is 8 weeks\6 hours per week, with a total of 48 contact hours. These courses are characterized by flexible dates and schedules. The program employs the communicative approach to develop the students’ linguistic competence in all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
ALI also offers Arabic for Specific Purposes Courses that are designed to meet the needs of learners in a specific area of knowledge e.g. diplomacy, medicine, commerce, religion, media etc.
- General Diploma in Arabic as a Foreign Language Program:
This is a two-year program, consisting of 20 courses representing 60 credits, offered in four semesters. Actual contact hours are 960 hrs; i.e. 240 hrs in each semester.
The program is open to international young learners who are between the age of 17 and 25, and have valid Iqama in Saudi Arabia.
It starts from the very beginning level (the alphabet) up to an advanced level that qualifies learners to enroll in university classes where Arabic is the means of instruction.
2- How can I register in the Short Courses Program?
- 1-Please fill in the registration form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2-Refer to the schedule of the short courses offered during the academic year and dates of the placement tests on the Institute website- female section. (Students above the basic level should take the placement test to determine their language proficiency level).
- 3-Needed documents when level availability is confirmed:
- A photo copy of the Iqama
- A photocopy of the passport
- Two personal photos
3- What are the course fees for the Short Courses Program?
Each level of the Short Courses Program costs 1200 SR.
Placement test and books fees are included in the course fees.
4- How can I join the General Diploma Program?
Registration for the GD Program starts by the end of January or the beginning of February every year. The beginning and closing of the registration period is announcement on the Arabic Language Institute website. Once registration is open, students must apply through the university admission Gateway. There will be a link on the Institute website that provides you with guidelines for the registration process.
It should be noted, however, that the program is open only for students between the age of 17 and 25, who hold higher secondary school certificate or its equivalent. Female students should be residents of KSA, holding valid Iqama.
Documents needed for registration:
- Passport copy
- Iqama copy
- Personal photo
- Graduation Certificate certified from the applicant’s embassy or consulate
- Official transcript
- Recent updated CV
- Permission letter from the applicant’s guardian for joining the program (only for female applicants)
- Recent medical report
- Two letters of recommendation.
5- What are the tuition fees for the General Diploma Program?
This program is a scholarship program. The Ministry of Higher Education offers two types of scholarships for learners joining this program: external scholarship (available to international male learners only), and internal scholarship (available to both international male and female learners).
6- If I want to visit the female section of the Arabic Language Institute (for registration, placement test, or further information) , What should I do?
If you want to visit the Arabic Language Institute For Speakers of Other Languages- Female section, please follow the following steps:
- contact us to set an appointment (see contact info. Below)>
- Email us your name (as written in iqama) and your iqama number.
- We will email you back a form that confirms your appointment.
- When you come to the appointment , it is mandatory to bring the following:
- Your Iqama.
- The confirmation of appointment form that you received via email.
- A printout of the institute location map (Look Q #8)
- You should come through gate: (North 3), otherwise you will not be allowed to get into the university.
- At gate North 3:
- Present your Iqama
- Show your appointment confirmation.
- Fill the “KAU Visitor Form” that is available at the security desk.
7- How can I contact the female section of the Arabic Language Institute?
For more information visit ALI website: http://ali.kau.edu.sa
Or Contact us (female section) at the following:
Tel: 6400000 ex. 63711/ 26570/ 26574
8- Where is the female section of the Arabic Language Institute located?
The female section of the Arabic Language Institute is located in:
KAU -Alsulaymaniyya campus, Female section.
Building # 65 – rooms 5B-7